Baseball Bat Attacks are a very real threat in the world of self defense! Everyday, numerous assaults are committed with these intimidating improvised street weapons. Yet, baseball bat defense is a subject that is seldom addressed in martial arts and self defense schools. Like a knife attack, one wrong move against a baseball bat attack could lead to a serious injury or possible death.
Batter Up: Defending Against Baseball Bat Attacks thoroughly covers the concepts, skills and tactics necessary to defend and disarm a dreaded baseball bat attack. In this instructional DVD, self defense expert Sammy Franco explains, dissects and demonstrates the most practical and effective baseball bat defense techniques.
Learn practical, straightforward and uncomplicated baseball bat defense techniques!
Batter Up: Defending Against Baseball Bat Attacks covers some of the following self defense topics:
- Baseball bat attack strengths and weaknesses
- Types of street baseball bats
- Differences between a stick attack and baseball bat attack
- Baseball bat angles of attacks
- Distancing strategies prior to baseball bat attack
- Baseball bat defense stance
- Critical footwork skills
- How to "moving into the fire" of the bat
- What are zero impact areas
- Areas of responsibility for baseball bat defense
- Absolute impact areas of bat attacks
- Stuffing the bat principle
- Baseball bat defense evasion drill
- Baseball bat timing engagement drill
- What about defending against left handed bat attacks
- Low line baseball bat defenses
Because of the realistic nature of our self defense training, some role playing scenarios featured in this baseball bat defense DVD contains strong language. Viewer discretion is advised.
DVD Details: BATTER UP: Defending Against Baseball Bat Attacks is a multi-regional instructional DVD and will play anywhere in the world. Top audio and color quality. Approximate running time: 46 minutes.