When Seconds Count is a comprehensive street smart self-defense book instructing law abiding citizens how to protect themselves against the mounting threat of violent crime. You can't learn this in a Karate class or mixed martial arts school. In fact, there are many instructors out there who are doing a lot more harm than good by making people believe they are trained to cope with vicious street criminals. Truth is, the martial arts techniques that score points and win trophies could get you killed in real-life self-defense encounters.
Learn how to:
- Protect yourself and your family from vicious street criminals
- Hone your awareness skills
- Assess threat levels
- De-escalate situations before they turn violent
- Fight back with simple, no nonsense self-defense techniques
- Use self-defense weapons skillfully
- Prepare your family for a home invasion
- Remain calm and focused when faced with fear
- Cope with the aftermath of violence
- Get realistic self-defense training
Self-defense expert, Sammy Franco is no stranger to violence and personal protection. With decades of experience, he is the author of numerous self-defense books and the innovator of Contemporary Fighting Arts, a reality based self-defense system that breaks self-defense down to its simplest elements: practical skills, proven techniques and the confidence to use both on armed and unarmed criminals.
When Seconds Count is considered by many to be one of the best books on real world self-defense instruction. Ideal for men and women of all ages who are serious about taking responsibility for their own safety. By studying the concepts and techniques taught in this book, you will feel a renewed sense of empowerment, enabling you to live your life with greater confidence and personal freedom.